The Award levels explained
At Bronze level, we will ask you to put in place core ‘building blocks’ to help raise awareness of the importance of health and wellbeing at work. Through engagement with your staff, you’ll identify your most relevant issues, and begin to address them. You will be taking important steps towards a planned and integrated approach to improving the health and wellbeing of your workforce..
As well as maintaining the good work already achieved at ‘Bronze’, you will further develop your core building blocks, and encourage everyone to become engaged in improving their health and wellbeing across a range of topic areas.
Some examples of what each topic covers:
• Encouraging and supporting staff to engage in physical activity
• Informing staff of the benefits of physical activity on their health and wellbeing
Healthier Eating Choices
• Making healthy food choices available in workplace based facilities
• Encouraging and supporting staff to manage their weight through a healthy diet
Alcohol/Smoking/Substance Misuse Support
• Making staff aware of the availability of local support services
• Ensuring organisational policies in relation to alcohol/tobacco/drugs are clearly
communicated to staff
Improving Mental Health
• Raising awareness of mental health and reducing stigma
• Providing support to staff to manage and minimise work related stress
Back Care (musculoskeletal)
• Supporting staff to minimise the risk of musculoskeletal complaints
• Encouraging staff to take breaks and reduce the amount of time sitting in one position
Your organisation’s health and wellbeing priority which will have been
identified through feedback from your workforce
Long term commitment and a proven track record of at least a year are the keys to achieving Gold. We will ask you to demonstrate your long term and integral commitment to promoting and improving the health and wellbeing of those who work for you. You will continue to build on your achievements at Bronze and Silver, and embed them into your organisation. You will put systems in place to monitor, review and identify ongoing opportunities to improve current practices across the strands. You will play an active part in promoting the health and wellbeing of the wider, local community, and through peer group support to other interested organisations.